Apple recently announced its Q3 quarterly fiscal results, beating analysts expectations so much so that its shares have surged almost five percent in trading since the earnings call. During the guidance for Q4, 2013, analyst Maynard Um of Wells Fargo Securities believes that Apple may have hinted at the release window of iPhone 5S. Apple said that it would launch a new product in fall, which starts from September 22nd to December 21st. Um believes that if Apple sticks with its preference of launching new products on Fridays, we might see an iPhone 5S release taking place on September 27th.
To put things in perspective, the iPhone 5 was released on September 21st, 2012. The day was Friday. Not only making the announcement in September will mark a whole year since the previous iPhone was released, it will also be in line with release traditions that Apple has strictly kept to in the past. However, recent rumors suggest that due to production issues, iPhone 5S release might be pushed in to October. If this release is going to take place on September 27th, we can expect the next generation iPhone to be formally unveiled at least a week before that.
Next Story: Ubuntu Edge Campaign Gets New Price Tiers
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind