We did hear of the BlackBerry 9720 a few days ago, when it was called the BlackBerry Bold 9720 and shown off on a YouTube video. If you love a blast from the past, then the BlackBerry 9720, also known as the Samoa if codenames are part of your interest, is set to keep you excited. Why do we say that? Well, the BlackBerry 9720 Samoa is said to be running on the now obsolete BlackBerry 7 platform, where it will target those who happen to live in emerging markets, instead of mature markets that are always on the lookout for high end devices.
@evleaks are the ones behind the BlackBerry 9720 Samoa press render leak, living up to their name along the way. The press render does seem to jive with the leaked video that we looked at a few days back, where it will feature a QWERTY keypad as well as an optical trackpad, complete with Send, Menu, End and Back keys to keep it company. Apart from that, it does seem as though the BlackBerry 9720 will feature a bunch of dedicated buttons that are located on the sides of the smartphone, while other rumors point to a measly 480 x 360 pixel display.
Next Story: Android Could Support 4K Displays
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-18: Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-18: Future Google Nexus Smartphone Might Have MediaTek Solution Powering It
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)