A few days ago we reported that Square Enix has rethought their stance regarding disabling the firing of weapons in Deus Ex: The Fallen on jailbroken iOS devices, and sure enough the update has been issued! If you own a jailbroken iOS device and were a little miffed that you could not fire weapons in the game after you downloaded the game, the update is now available for download. Apart from removing that particular restriction from the game, the update has also addressed a couple of different areas in the game, such as tweaking the XP and credit gain, rebalancing weapons and etc. If you’d like to see the breakdown of the update, hit up Deus Ex’s community pagefor the details.
Initially the developers behind the game thought it prudent to disable firing of weapons on jailbroken iOS devices as a means to curb piracy. Since one of the reasons iOS jailbreak their devices is so they can downloaded pirated apps, but on the flipside the reason behind jailbreaking also allows for tweaks and apps that might not have been approved by Apple. In any case we’re sure gamers are pleased with this piece of news, although it might have been somewhat troublesome at the start.
Next Story: Bing Autosuggest Categories Revamped
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust
- 2014-03-13: Clones And Free-To-Play Titles Have "Soured" iTunes App Store Experience, According To Report
- 2014-03-12: iOS 7.1 Reminds Users Of 15 Minute Window While Making In-App Purchases
- 2014-03-05: Gmail For iOS Finally Supports Background Refresh