We think it’s safe to say the smartwatch revolution is currently upon us as a number of tech’s biggest consumer electronic companies have either released their own device or plan to in the coming months. But considering all smartwatches have been designed for adults to do adult things such as read important emails or pay their taxes, you don’t see companies design smartwatches for children. That ends today.
The Filip is a smartwatch designed for children to be more of a safety device than an actual smartwatch. It’s equipped with Wi-Fi, cellular and GPS capabilities so parents can always be able to keep up with their children, especially if they’re known to be wanderers. The Filip will allow children to call one of five pre-programmed numbers as well as receive calls and texts from pre-approved contacts. An accompanying application will also allow parents to keep track of their children as well as have the ability to set up notification zones, such as the area surrounding the cookie jar in the kitchen.
Pricing and availability for the Filip is unknown at this time, but it’s a device we’re sure many parents would want their kids to wear, and vice versa considering how colorful and it is.
Next Story: Nexus 7 2 Might Have 4GB RAM
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!