I am not quite sure just how far Google thought that their foray into the world of mobile operating systems with Android would go, but apparently, they have ended up pretty well – despite the initial rants about Android fragmentation and all that, Android has continued to grow from strength to strength, so much so that it was said that by the time 2017 is over, out of 1.5 billion smartphones shipped then, a billion of those will run on the Android operating system. Now that we have gotten all the positive, feel good vibes out, here is what Google’s Larry Page shared over his Google Plus account – that a whopping 1.5 million Android devices are activated every day.
Considering how Larry Page earlier this March that 750 million Android devices were activated, and when Andy Rubin took his bow as Android head in May with 900 million Android devices activated then, 1.5 million daily activations does sound to be rather conservative, but it is par for the course when it comes to meeting the 1 billionth Android activation before we greet 2014. Are you part of the Android brigade? [Larry Page+]
Next Story: Moto X Assemble!
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: Google Dogfooding Android 4.4.3 KitKat [Rumor]