Fake phones are a dime a dozen and they can commonly be found in countries such as China, and while many of them are pretty obvious fakes, there are times when their clones can actually pass off as the real thing, as you can see in the photo above which shows a fake HTC One next to a real HTC One. Upon a quick glance and if it weren’t captioned, you could be forgiven for thinking that both phones are the same, but the key difference is that the fake phone, from Chinese manufacturer Huaqiangbei, is actually made from plastic versus the aluminum body of the genuine article.
Apart from the look, that’s pretty much where the similarities end as the fake HTC One sports a 720p HD display versus Full HD, a quad-core MediaTek chipset clocked at 1.2GHz, a smaller 1,600mAh battery, an 8MP camera, and comes with vanilla Android 4.2.1 pre-installed. According to the folks at Engadget, the fake HTC One will of course be priced a lot cheaper than the real deal and it can be had for around $210. Pretty convincing clone, huh?
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-23: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-19: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.4.2 Update Releasing This Week
- 2014-02-07: Verizon Pushing Out Android 4.4 For HTC One