With the iPad mini having been released last year, we’re sure many were a little bummed to find out that its resolution was not as high as they would have liked, which is why there are rumors that come 2013, Apple could be set to release an iPad mini with a Retina display. The last we heard, there were some issues with the display which could cause the tablet to be released in 2014, but now a report from DigiTimes claims that whatever the problem is, it has been resolved and LG Display, one of the suppliers of said display, have made progress with the production of iPad mini Retina display panels and could ship them later this year, putting the tablet on time for a 2013 release.
This is a very huge U-turn from what we heard earlier which suggested that because of the problems, the iPad mini with Retina display could be launched in 2014, and in place Apple was expected to release an iPad mini with slightly improved hardware specs, which we’re sure would not fly well with many Apple customers and would-be customers. In any case considering that DigiTimes’ record when it comes to reporting Apple rumors has been hit and miss, it’s hard to tell if they will be right this time, but take it with a grain of salt nonetheless.
Next Story: T-Mobile Testing GDR2 Update For Nokia Lumia 810
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued