We’ve heard that the Moto X will be available on all the major carriers, and with a reported marketing budget of $500 million, it is safe to say that Motorola and Google definitely want this device to work and make its way into as many hands as possible. The good news is that if for whatever reason you’re not on a major carrier like AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon, but you’re with a smaller carrier like US Cellular, fret not because the phone will apparently be launched on US Cellular’s network as well. This is thanks to a leaked memo that the folks at Android Central have managed to get their hands on, and as you can see in the photo above, it looks like US Cellular will be launching the Moto X come 26th of August.
If you’re wondering about the “waves”, apparently it is in reference to the stores which are in US Cellular’s LTE market who will be getting the phone first, while non-LTE stores will be getting it after. However since there’s no official word from Motorola or US Cellular yet, take it with a grain of salt but we’ll definitely keep our eyes and ears peeled for more info.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-02-04: Android 4.4.2 For US Cellular Moto X Could Be Released Soon
- 2013-09-04: Moto X Now Available From US Cellular
- 2013-08-01: Moto X Up For Pre-Order Via US Cellular, Will Come With Free Wireless Headset
- 2013-06-18: US Cellular Moto X Is The XT1055