Everyone loves a story of David vs Goliath, more often than not rooting for the underdog along the way. After all, there is always the element of surprise just in case the one who is in a disadvantaged position manages to overcome all odds. After all, such a heartwarming situation is always good for the soul, just like those Chicken Soup series, and here we are with a story that somewhat jives along in that direction. Apparently, Nintendo has failed to retain control of the WiiU.com domain, where this particular domain is being used by its owners at the moment to sell ads as well as enable a search that is related to Nintendo, in addition to its consoles, and games.
It was in late June when a panel of arbitrators ruled against Nintendo, touting that they are unable to obtain the rights to WiiU.com, hence dashing hopes of the folks over at Nintendo who intend to take over the domain. We have no clear idea on why Nintendo’s request was denied, but it does seem that the only way out would be for Nintendo to purchase the domain from the owners themselves.
Next Story: Apple's Offices In France Reportedly Raided
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke