With the launch of a new generation of video game consoles comes the assumption the latest and greatest are also going to be the biggest. Many gamers already believe both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be huge eyesores in their living room, dorm or bedroom, but Sony has taken it upon themselves to do a bit of comparing between the launch version of the PlayStation 4 and the launch version of the PlayStation 3.
In a video published by Sony PlayStation’s official UK channel called PlayStation Access, both launch versions of the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 were put together side by side in a number of angles to show just how much slimmer the launch PS4 is compared to the launch PS3. After watching the video, we’re sure you’ll agree that the launch PS4 is not only slimmer than the launch PS3, but its overall size is smaller as well.
Comparing launch consoles against updated versions of consoles that were specifically engineered to be slimmer isn’t exactly fair, so it makes complete sense to compare the launch versions of the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 as it definitely shows just how much thought Sony has put into keeping its next console nice and slim.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-11-15 Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- 2013-05-01 Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2013-03-27 Watch 17 Minutes Of Battlefield 4 Gameplay Footage
- 2013-02-19 PlayStation Cloud Domains Hints At PS4 Game-Streaming Service?
- 2011-04-11 PlayStation 4 not prepped for launch "anytime soon"