We’ve been hearing rumors about a possible successor to the Sony NEX-7, tentatively known as the NEX-7n for now, and how the camera could be announced during the summer. Whether the previous reports and rumors are true remains to be seen, but in the meantime the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors have heard a new tip about the NEX-7’s successor, namely the description of the camera’s body. According to the description, the camera will remain largely similar to the NEX-7 in terms of overall design and shape, with some minor changes such as the mount being shifted 3mm to the left, and how the mount will also be recessed 3mm deeper so as not to protrude too much.
The description also mentions how the camera will feature a slightly larger grip, will be taller, sport a slimmer rear screen, and will be made from magnesium alloy which will be dust sealed, meaning it should be able to withstand photography excursions outdoors where there might be a lot of dust. It has also been mentioned how the camera will weigh 23grams more which we guess isn’t a bad thing, especially if you prefer feeling the heft of a camera’s weight in your hand rather than something light and flimsy. Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but assuming the summer launch rumor is true, we might not have to wait too long to find out more.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide
- 2013-11-18: Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored For Early 2014 Announcement
- 2013-08-07: Sony NEX-7 Out Of Stock In Some Stores, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-06-19: Sony NEX-7 Successor October Shipping Date Rumored
- 2013-06-14: Sony NEX-7 Successor Possibly Delayed Due To Manufacturing Problems [Rumor]