Late last month, we did talk about the Sony SmartWatch 2 when it was launched, and we now know that the SmartWatch 2 is headed our way this coming September 9, instead of the initial confusion that it could very well have been in line for a July 15 rollout to the masses. Do bear in mind that this will be the second generation smartwatch from Sony, and Apple themselves have yet to roll out their first smartwatch – at least not until 2014, but one ought to take note that being the first mover might not necessarily make you the winner, as Microsoft found out the hard way when they rolled out this thing called a “Tablet PC” all those years ago. See where the tablet PC is today compared to the iPad?
Here is a quick refresher of what the Sony SmartWatch 2 offers – it boasts of a complete redesign from the ground up, sporting a more generous 1.6” display, being dust as well as water resistant with an IP57 rating, low power Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, a standard micro-USB charging port, and NFC connectivity thrown into the mix for speedy, one-touch pairing. Fancy picking up the Sony SmartWatch 2? It will cost you somewhere in the region of $150.
Next Story: Sound Waves Harnessed To Levitate Objects
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!
- Care Predict Activity Tracker System Targets Seniors