A couple of days ago we reported on a rumor that Sony could be working on an external camera that could be used together with a Sony Xperia device. At that time the rumors suggested that the device would come with both built-in WiFi and NFC features, presumably to allow for wireless transfer of photos, and also for quick and easy pairing of the camera with the phone. Now thanks to Sony Alpha Rumors we have additional information about the camera, which according to them is a bodyless lens camera-type device (concept pictured above).
There will apparently be more than one choice for customers to choose from. One model, which was what was reported the other day, will come with the Sony RX100MII sensor and will sport a Zeiss lens. The other option is said to sport a 10x zoom lens with a 1/2,3” 18MP sensor, but no mention if this would be a Zeiss lens as well. There’s no word on when Sony will announce these new lenses, but they sound like an interesting concept, but until then take it with a grain of salt!
Next Story: Nokia's Lumia Brand Was Decided In A Day
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark