It was back in June when the last software update for T-Mobile HTC One was released. Since then most users have been anxiously waiting for the Android 4.2.2 update to drop, but it is yet to be released. Today, T-Mobile is rolling out a new software update for its HTC One. T-Mobile customers shouldn’t get excited, the update retains Android 4.1.2 OS. This particular update brings a number of improvements and enhancements, particularly related to LTE and the smartphone’s processor.
The changelog lists that this update brings software stability, improved LTE and cell reception as well as processor enhancements. The update weighs in at 347, so its likely that there are a host of other fixes and improvements onboard that T-Mobile has not mentioned in the changelog. Before updating, ensure that the device has at least 50 percent battery. If the device is rooted, it won’t be able to install this update over-the-air. The update roll out has started today and is going to be completed by August 9th. A manual update is reportedly going to be available from HTC”s website, but it hasn’t materialized as yet.
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: T-Mobile's "Simple Starter Plan" Lowers Entry Cost
- 2014-02-23: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-19: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.4.2 Update Releasing This Week
- 2013-10-20: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.3 Update Will Be Released This Monday
- 2013-10-13: T-Mobile HTC One Android 4.3 Update Release Slated For Next Week
- 2013-06-02: T-Mobile HTC One Receiving Minor Software Update