Earlier today, a leaked image of the Verizon HTC One made the rounds thanks to those notorious Android device leakers, @evleaks. We reported on the leak, thinking nothing of it as we come across leaked images on a regular basis, but the eagle-eyed crew at TechnoBuffalo have pointed out something very interesting in the leaked promotional image.
You see – the calendar shows a “Thu, Sep 5″ date, which this year’s September 5 date just so happens to fall on a Thursday as well. This could mean HTC is hinting at its HTC One’s release date on the Verizon network, or it could be completely coincidental as we doubt it also gets up to 85 degrees in Chicago in early September.
Considering how long it’s taken for the HTC One to be made available on Verizon, we’re not sure whether or not a September 5 release date seems to be true as we’re sure both HTC and Verizon would want to get the device out to customers as soon as possible, especially before the new iPhone is announced. We guess all we can do now is wait until either HTC or Verizon announce the HTC One’s availability, but until then, keep a close eye on September 5.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2013-08-22: Verizon HTC One Officially Announced
- 2013-07-09: Verizon Bound HTC One Drops By The FCC
- 2013-06-03: Verizon HTC One Is Finally Confirmed
- 2013-05-28: Verizon HTC One Leak May Confirm It's Coming Soon
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored