We did bring you word that Xiaomi actually teased us with a potential device reveal a couple of days ago, and while many folks were betting their money on this particular device being the upcoming Xiaomi Mi3, we are rather downcast to say that this is not the case at all, as the Xiaomi Red Rice smartphone has been unveiled instead. Heck, the name Red Rice itself is not something which would endear itself to the masses for sure, but then again, considering how it seems to be a China-only device at this point in time, it might not matter that much.
The Xiaomi Red Rice will retail for just 799 yuan (which translates to roughly $130 after conversion). At that particular price point, the Red Rice delivers a quad-core MediaTek CPU underneath the hood, where it is accompanied by the likes of a 4.7” display at 720p resolution and 312 ppi with Gorilla Glass 2, 1GB RAM, 4GB of internal memory, support for China Mobile’s TD-SCDMA 3G, dual SIM and dual standby capability, an 8-megapixel shooter at the back, and of course, Xiaomi’s very own MIUI-flavored Android.
- 2014-04-03: MIUI Express Brings A Taste Of Xiaomi To Your Android Phone
- 2014-04-02: Xiaomi Shows Off Pressy Lookalike For A Fraction Of The Price
- 2014-03-31: Xiaomi Has Sold 11 Million Smartphones So Far This Year
- 2014-03-30: Xiaomi Redmi Note Sells 100,000 Units In 34 Minutes
- 2014-03-23: Meizu Might Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note With Blue Charm Note