Yahoo! seems to be on a purchasing run at this point in time, where earlier this morning, we talked about how Yahoo! picked up Qwiki, a service that enables users to churn out video montages, and here we are with word of yet another acquisition – through the purchase of contact management outfit Xobni. Just what kind of value can Xobni offer to the masses? For starters, it will deliver products that have been designed to assist folks to keep better track of one’s contacts, and we do not have the exact terms of the deal, either.
The more eagle eyed among you would realize that Xobni is actually “inbox” spelled backwards, where it delivers products which were specially designed to assist users uncover additional information about the people that they have exchanged email, calls or SMS messages with some time in the past. Not only that, its services are also said to provide “a full view of each contact, complete with their photo, job title, company details, and email history — as well as updates from Facebook and Twitter.” Other platforms that will play nice with Xobni’s products include Microsoft Outlook; Smartr Inbox, for Google’s Gmail; and Smartr Contacts, for iPhone and Android devices. [Press Release]
Next Story: Apple App Store Celebrates 5th Anniversary
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-30: Yahoo Poaching YouTube Stars, Working On Rival [Report]