Yelp has updated its iOS app today with a new feature. It now allows users to either order delivery or pickup of their food from straight within the app itself. The feature can be accessed through a new “Order Pickup or Delivery” button. The launch of this update comes along with the new Yelp Platform which has a number of categories apart from food delivery or collection. It lets users place orders through Yelp listings and even pay for them without ever having to leave the app. Yelp Platform will be rolled out category by category, the company said today, it is starting with food delivery and pickup.
From today Yelp users can place their orders to a few restaurants supported by delivery.com and Eat24, this includes Layaly Mediterranean Grill in San Francisco, Republic in New York City and more. The company says that users in the U.S. will be able to order from scores of local restaurants and businesses through Yelp listings in the coming months. The additional categories will include spas, salons, yoga studios, dentist appointments and more. Yelp Platform services will be available through the mobile app, mobile web and the desktop website. You can download the latest Yelp for iOS update now from iTunes App Store.
Next Story: Apple Reportedly Cuts iPhone Orders By 20%
- 2014-03-12 Yahoo Announces Partnership With Yelp To Improve Local Search
- 2014-02-09 Yahoo Taps Into Yelp To Improve Local Search [Report]
- 2014-01-13 U.S. Court Rules Yelp Must Identify Anonymous Reviewers
- 2013-01-17 Yelp Adds Restaurant Inspection Scores
- 2013-01-02 Woman Sued For Negative Yelp Review Won't Have To Edit A Thing