Over the past couple of weeks we’ve seen various photos and even a video of the components of Apple’s upcoming iPad. Well now thanks to a new listing by Macfixit Australia, front panels and the digitizer allegedly that of the next-gen iPad have surfaced. Based on its design it is pretty obvious that this is an iPad component, although whether it is actually that of the next-gen iPad remains to be seen. According to the company’s supplier, they claim that this is a genuine front panel for the fifth gen iPad and shows off the same narrow side bezels we have seen in other leaks.
This seems to “confirm” that just like the iPad mini, the fifth gen iPad could sport thin bezels on its display and a somewhat similar design to the iPad mini, making it thinner than its predecessor. Their supplier also “confirms” that the display area is same as the iPad Retina, and it uses the same ITO as the iPad mini. Once again there’s no telling if this is the real deal, but we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more information, although an announcement later this year, assuming Apple keeps to schedule, will not be entirely out of the question.
Next Story: Chromecast And Enabling Incognito Tabs
- 2014-04-21: Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2012-05-02: Screenshots of Facebook Messenger for iPad spotted
- 2012-04-17: Spotify spotted running on the iPad?