A couple of days ago we reported that according to a rumor, it seems that some Samsung Galaxy S4 Active smartphones were suffering water damage and that AT&T would be willing to let you exchange your phone, albeit once. Well it turns out that the rumors were true and AT&T has confirmed that they are allowing customers to exchange their Galaxy S4 smartphones one time to a new Galaxy S4 Active phone, and this is also applicable to owners of the device whose Liquid Damage Indicator shows a positive reading.
This is good news considering that the warranty does not cover water damage. In a way this is slightly ironic given that the phone was designed to be water resistant, and the ads that have been shown certainly demonstrate this, so for AT&T/Samsung to not allow an exchange due to water damage would seem a little hypocritical. This exchange program will run until October or until replacement units are gone, whichever comes first.
In a statement released by Samsung, “Samsung designed and tested the Galaxy S 4 Active to adhere to IP67 standards for water resistance (1 meter for 30 minutes). If your Galaxy S 4 Active has been damaged due to water exposure, bring it back to an AT&T retail store as soon as possible for a one-time exchange for another Galaxy S 4 Active.”
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2013-08-06: AT&T Starts Replacing Galaxy S4 Active Smartphones That Experienced Water Damage (Rumor)
- 2013-06-13: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Available On AT&T June 21 For $200
- 2013-06-13: AT&T Could Announce Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Today
- 2013-05-10: Samsung SGH-i537 Could Be Waterproof Galaxy S4 Active For AT&T