What do you think of smartphone companies rolling out a “mini” version of their existing flagship device? Do you think it will save them a whole lot of publicity money since most folks would already have heard about the full fledged device, and hence, need to spend less in developing and cultivating a whole new handset’s perception among the masses? HTC has done it with their HTC One mini, and Samsung more or less got the ball rolling with their Galaxy S3 mini. It seems that the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is about to make its way to the US thanks to the folks over at AT&T. It is a tad late though, considering how the Samsung Galaxy S3 mini has already been made available in select markets since November last year. Ah well I guess this is a classic case of better late than never!
Serial leaksters @evleaks are the ones behind what you see above, with a visible date of August 23 spotted on the Galaxy S3 mini. If that particular date sounds familiar to you, that is because August 23rd is also the same date when AT&T will begin to sell the HTC One mini as well as the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, so we would not be surprised if the Galaxy S3 mini were to be released then, too.
Next Story: GlassFrogger App For Google Glass
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Galaxy S5 Pre-Order On AT&T Announced
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo And Gear Fit Pre-Orders For AT&T Announced
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2013-09-18: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Launches September 27th For $0.99