James Cameron’s Avatar was definitely a watershed in showing off the potential of 3D movies at the box office, and most folks who watched it for the first time in their lives were blown away by the visuals. It was simply stunning, to say the least, with fantastic computer rendered special effects as well as a box office performance that broke records along the way. After other movie studios saw the insane success of Avatar in 3D, you could say that just about every other major motion picture that was released afterwards too, did tout the 3D feature as a selling point, although not many managed to use the effect to its fullest. Good news for those who cannot get enough of Avatar – 20th Century Fox and director James Cameron have announced plans that they intend to make Avatar a quadrilogy, which means another three more Avatar movies are in the pipeline, with the first to arrive sometime in December 2016. Hmmm, that would mean we would have completed the entire Hobbit screening by then.
As for Avatar 3 and Avatar 4, those should follow up in 2017 and 2018. WETA will still be behind the special effects, and we are excited to see what kind of new technological advancements will be incorporated into the other three Avatar movies. Do you think that the remainder of the quadrilogy is going to perform or bomb?
Next Story: Twitter Search Updated With Photo Results
- 2013-08-06: Xbox One Avatars, Gamerpics Receiving Huge Update
- 2013-08-01: Avatar Said To Get 3 More Sequels
- 2011-12-16: Avatar for iTunes lets you "deconstruct scenes"
- 2011-07-18: Next generation Xbox claimed to produce Avatar-quality graphics
- 2011-03-22: Teroos shoulder-mounted avatar's exists for communication purposes
- 2011-02-10: Anybots QB robot avatar orders a scone, does the dirty work