If you were planning on picking up the BlackBerry Q10 from Sprint, the good news is that the phone is finally here! The device has been spotted online on Sprint’s website and according to the website, new customers will be able to pick up the device for $100 with a new contract. This is in spite of Sprint’s earlier press release that suggested that the phone would set customers back $199.99. Sprint expects the BlackBerry Q10 to begin arriving at the doorsteps of its customers within 2-5 business days, so if you’d like to get your hands on the device ASAP, you should probably place your order now.
For those unfamiliar, the BlackBerry Q10 is BlackBerry’s QWERTY smartphone running the new BlackBerry 10 OS, unlike the BlackBerry Z10 which is the Canadian company’s attempt at a full touchscreen device. While many expected the Q10 to do well given its familiar QWERTY layout, recent reports have suggested that the phone is actually doing rather badly, with retailers claiming that there is “virtually no demand” for the device. We’re not sure how true that is, although BlackBerry isn’t exactly in the best of shape right now. In any case if you want to see if the BlackBerry Q10 is the device for you, be sure to check out our review.
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-07: Sprint Rolls Out BlackBerry 10.2.1 At Last
- 2013-09-28: Sprint To 'Wait And See' If It Will Drop BlackBerry Devices From Stores
- 2013-05-14: BlackBerry Q10 Available On Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile This Summer
- 2013-03-04: Sprint Will Only Offer Blackberry Q10, No Plans For Z10
- 2013-01-30: BlackBerry Q10 Headed To Sprint