We’re hearing rumors about the next generation iPhone on a daily basis now. Apple is expected to unveil the smartphone on September 10th, though the company is yet to confirm its plans. Over the past couple of weeks there has been speculation about iPhone 5S being offered in gold color as well. By now we’ve been treated to two purported casings and various analyst reports in favor of this possibility. Reuters now chimes in with its own report, claiming that its sources based in Taiwanese supply chain “confirm” that Apple will offer a gold covered iPhone next month.
It is believed that the gold color wouldn’t be tacky or over the top. One analyst recently claimed that the color would be less gold and more champagne. There’s speculation that the gold iPhone 5S would do well in China, given that a lot of local brands make gold colored smartphones and features phones in the country that are popular with customers. Jerry Zou, Senior VP of Beijing based PR firm FleishmanHillard, says that a new color would add variety and novelty. He calls them key to “winning over fickle Chinese customers.” Still, there’s no official confirmation that Apple would break away from its tradition of offering the iPhone in black and white only. For that we’ll have to wait, hopefully, until September.
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test