According to a report yesterday, it seems that HTC’s flagship smartphone, the HTC One, will not be getting the Android 4.2.2 update. Instead it will be skipping that update and go straight to Android 4.3 which we’re sure sits well with HTC One owners who might be worried that with Android 4.2.2, they could be left waiting a long time for Android 4.3 to arrive. Now for those who were wondering when would the update make its way onto the device, a recent tweet by Jason Mackenzie has revealed that the Android 4.3 update for HTC One owners in US and Canada is expected to see a release towards the end of September.
Granted the end of September is a little over a month away, but to get the latest build of Android seems like a small price to pay. According to Mackenzie, the reason for the wait is due to the build requiring certification before it is pushed out. Mackenzie also noted that the update will arrive on the Droid DNA handset as well, HTC’s phablet attempt back in 2012. No specific dates but a rough timeframe has been given, so we will be keeping our eyes peeled for more info regarding a release.
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-04: HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2013-12-08: Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-16: Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-08-19: HTC One, Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.3 By End Of September
- 2013-07-01: Verizon Droid DNA Price Cut To $50
- 2013-05-15: Verizon HTC One Release Rumored
- 2013-05-09: HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013
- 2013-04-10: HTC One Source Code Has Been Released