The Moto X from Motorola might be made in the good ol’ USA, but this is not a flagship device from Motorola, although it does have its fair share of selling points – otherwise, how else is it going to get off the ground? Of course, it is hoped by Motorola that one of the most appealing selling points of the upcoming Moto X would be the Moto Maker tool, where it enables you to customize your device through the choice of colors for the various parts of the device, including its back plate, front plate, accents, wallpapers and of course, custom engravings. Unfortunately, it does seem as though the custom engraving bit might not be available at the Moto X’s launch.
ComputerWorld’s J.R. Raphael said, “Custom engraving won’t be available on the Moto X at launch. During beta testing, the company determined the quality of the printing wasn’t meeting its standards and decided to pull the plug on it for now.”
If we were to take Raphael’s word for it, then waiting for custom engraving to become available could prove to be a long or short period of time, it is really difficult to tell, but hopefully “soon” would be the operative keyword here.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched