Yesterday we reported that Sony had teased their upcoming Sony Honami handset on their Twitter page, and not too long after Sony posted a new image which you can see in the picture above. This time the tagline reads “About to make a splash”, with what appears to be the phone being dunked underwater. Given that the Sony Xperia Z did come with water resistant capabilities, it looks like that feature could be brought over to the Honami device as well, at least that’s what the photo seems to be telling us.
The Sony Honami, for those unfamiliar, is Sony’s upcoming Android smartphone which could be marketed as the Xperia Z1 or the Xperia i1, with both names being tossed around recently. While its hardware is rumored to be pretty powerful, what with a 5” Full HD display and a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset, its main feature would be its 20MP camera which presumably would put it up against Samsung’s Galaxy S4 Zoom and the Nokia Lumia 1020, both devices in which the camera is the main feature. Sony is expected to unveil the device at their IFA 2013 press event on the 4th of September, so check back with us then for the details.
Next Story: Moto X To Arrive On Other Carriers "In Days"
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-04: Sony's AS30 "Action Cam" Has Arrived
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Flip PC Comes in 13, 14 and 15 Inches
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Tap 11 Competes With The Surface Pro
- 2013-08-26: Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo