Back in 2012, Capcom announced Resident Evil 6 and while the game was anticipated by many due to the popularity of the Resident Evil franchise, reviews of the game were somewhat mixed and some were wondering if Capcom would be able to do better with Resident Evil 7. While that remains to be seen, Capcom has acknowledged that they did drop the ball somewhat with the game and agreed with some critics that the game felt a bit too “bloated” as the developer had tried to put too much content in the game, which isn’t a bad thing, but we guess it did not turn out the way they had expected.
Speaking to MCV, former Capcom marketing boss Michael Pattison was quoted as saying, “With Resident Evil 6 specifically, we probably put too much content in there, there were comments from consumers that said it felt bloated. The Leon missions went down very well, and because we did Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS, there was a cry out for us to focus our attention on survival horror, rather than be too many things to all people. You’ll find where we go next will likely be more targeted at our core fanbase.” Sounds good if you ask us, but unfortunately there is still no date on when Resident Evil 7 will be released or announced, but hopefully they will be able to deliver what they promise.
- 2014-01-22 Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD For PC Announced
- 2013-08-30 Capcom's Resident Evil Becomes Haunted House At Universal Orlando
- 2013-05-28 Limited Time Resident Evil Attraction To Launch At Universal Studios Japan
- 2013-04-19 Resident Evil Creator's "Zwei" Is The Game Bethesda Has Been Teasing
- 2013-03-15 Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossing Over In Free Update This Spring
- 2012-10-03 Resident Evil 6 patch go live tomorrow at 9AM PT
- 2012-10-03 Resident Evil 6 PS3 has bugs, Capcom working out a fix