Over the past couple of months and years, we’ve come across our fair share of creative advertising used by companies such as Apple, Samsung, and Microsoft in a bid to make each other’s mobile operating system and phones seem better by comparison. While some are pretty clever and funny, some are just downright bizarre and the latest ad from Samsung Taiwan appears to be following in that trend. The video is dubbed in Chinese and it basically seems to take pot shots at, wait for it, Harry Potter!
We do not know what the Harry Potter franchise or its author, J.K. Rowling did to Samsung, but for some reason the ad seems to parodying the books/movie in its own weird way, calling it “Sorry Potter”. The ad basically shows off how “magical” the Galaxy S4 is and how it could either fit into the Harry Potter universe, or how it is even more magical than Harry Potter, we’re really not sure what to make of it. Towards the end the Life of Pi movie even makes a brief cameo, although it was titled “Life of Tien”. In any case if you’ve a couple of minutes to spare, perhaps you’ll want to check it out in the video above.
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow