Sony is expected to unveil its upcoming flagship Android smartphone next month. The much rumored i1 Honami smartphone is said to have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and possibly a 20 megapixel rear camera. We’ve seen a trend with manufacturers this year of releasing a “mini” version of their flagship devices. Samsung did it with its Galaxy S4, HTC with the One and Motorola is going to do the same with Moto X. Despite the fact that Sony hasn’t officially unveiled the Honami, specs for the Sony Honami Mini are already being circulated by the rumor mill.
It appears that Sony will keep the internal hardware package more or less than same with the mini’s bigger sibling. The Honami Mini is said to have a 4.3 inch Triluminos 720p display, a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quadcore processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. External expansion through microSD will be possible. The device is expected to have a 2,400 mAh battery. What’s interesting to note is that its believed Sony won’t downgrade the camera on Honami Mini. Instead it is rumored to offer the same 20.7 megapixel camera that i1 Honami will tout. So the only differences between the full fledged and mini Honami will be the display, which comes down from the expected 5 inch 1080p to 4.3 inch 720p and the battery that’s scaled down from 3,050 mAh to 2,400 mAh. If you compare other mini smartphones with their bigger siblings, there’s a lot of difference. Since there is no official confirmation from Sony yet even on the existence of a Honami Mini, its best to get your salt shakers out.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2013-09-03 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Entire Alleged Press Release Leaks
- 2013-08-26 White Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-26 Sony Honami's Camera Teased In New Photo
- 2013-08-25 Sony Xperia Z1 Honami Purported Press Image Leaks
- 2013-08-23 New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance