Just last week Sony started teasing customers about its upcoming smartphone, the Sony Honami, or also known as the Xperia Z1 or Xperia i1, depending on which rumor you are buying. In any case a new teaser photo has since been shared on Sony’s Xperia Twitter account, and this time we are looking at the camera lens of the handset. In fact it even shows the initial “G” which many take to mean the G Lens which is one of the rumored features of the upcoming device.
So far Sony has teased photos of the handset with the first being the power button, and the second one showing the phone being dunked underwater, hinting at its water resistance, a feature from the Sony Xperia Z, and now we are looking at the camera. The photo does not explicitly state the camera’s sensor size, but if the rumors are to be believed, a 20MP sensor is in order.
Other rumored features include a 5” Full HD display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset clocked at 2.2GHz. The Sony Honami is rumored to be announced on the 4th of September at Sony’s IFA 2013 press event, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-04: Sony's AS30 "Action Cam" Has Arrived
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Flip PC Comes in 13, 14 and 15 Inches
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Tap 11 Competes With The Surface Pro
- 2013-08-23: New Sony Honami Photo Teased, Hints At Water Resistance