Twitter today announced that it has released update iOS and Android apps with a new conversations view, the same update has been made on twitter.com as well. This interface change will make it easier for users to view entire conversations on the microblogging network. Entire conversations between users will now be displayed instead of single tweets being displayed at a time. A vertical blue line will indicate non-chronological tweets in conversations.
The most recent three tweets from any conversation are now shown on the home timeline. To see more, users can tap a tweet to see all replies, including those from people who don’t follow that particular user. Sharing conversations has been made easier as well. From twitter.com, conversations can be shared over email with people whether or not they are on Twitter. From the iOS and Android apps, individual tweets can be shared over email. Users can also share via direct message on Android. Twitter has also made it easier to report individual tweets for abuse or spam directly from the Android app and the website. This feature is already available on the iPhone and will rollout gradually for Android and the website. Twitter app experience for entry-level Android smartphones has also been improved.
- 2014-04-13: “Ellen Seflie” Now A Painting At Twitter HQ
- 2014-04-13: Almost Half Of All Twitter Accounts Have Never Tweeted [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Twitter.com Gets Real-Time Pop-up Notifications
- 2014-04-08: Twitter User Profile Redesign
- 2014-04-07: Twitter Acquires Cover, A Popular Android Lock Screen
- 2014-03-17: Twitter Testing New 'Fave People' Timeline
- 2013-09-08: Leaked Twitter App Optimized For Android Tablets
- 2013-09-02: Twitter Beta Test App On Android
- 2013-05-29: New Twitter iOS And Android App Makes Tweeting More Seamless
- 2013-04-16: Twitter 'Home' Like App Is A Possibility