There have been reports of HTC 8X devices around the world getting the Windows Phone GDR2 update. However those in the US who bought the device on Verizon’s network are still waiting, but it looks like the wait could be over soon. This is thanks to the GDR2 support page going up on Verizon’s website which suggests that the update could be close at hand, although no specific dates were mentioned. If any of our readers with HTC 8X devices on Verizon’s network receives the update, do let us know in the comments below!
So what can HTC 8X users expect when they get the update on their phone? Well for starters they can look forward to making easier assisted calls when roaming in select international destinations, access song and album information more accurately with Xbox Music, between web browsing thanks to improved HTML5 compatibility in Internet Explorer, more stability in VoIP when using apps such as Skype or Lync just to name a few.
Next Story: Nokia Pro Camera App Gets Ported Onto The HTC 8X
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2012-11-06: HTC and Verizon NYC Event on November 13
- 2012-10-29: Verizon Nokia Lumia 822 and HTC 8X to launch this November 8th?