It was rumored a couple of months ago that HTC is developing a new Windows Phone 8 devicet that is based on the design of its popular HTC One smartphone. This device has been rumored a couple of times, apparently it carries the “Harmony” codename inside the company. Today the alleged specifications of HTC Harmony have leaked. It is expected that the company might launch this smartphone in either October or November.
The rumor claims that HTC Harmony will come equipped with a 4.7 inch LCD3 full HD 1080p display, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of on-board storage, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, Beats Audio, BoomSound, Ultrapixel rear camera and a 2,300mAh battery. HTC hasn’t said if it is indeed in the process of developing a new Windows Phone 8 smartphone. Apart from that, this rumor comes from a source that doesn’t have any track record, good or bad, so a grain of salt is definitely advised. The rumor doesn’t talk about pricing or specific availability dates. Only recently Microsoft announced that it has acquired Nokia core phone business. Many people were wondering how other WP8 manufacturers will feel about this deal. HTC only said that it is “assessing” the situation, it hasn’t said as yet if there’s any radical change to its Windows Phone 8 strategy.
Next Story: Hangouts On Air Gets Q&A Feature
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-06-23: HTC One Like Windows Phone 8 Smartphone Expected