So we have been hearing rumors that Sony could be announcing their new full-frame NEX camera in the next month or so, with the company allegedly sending out invites to camera retailers, asking them to attend an event in which something big will be shown off, presumably a full-frame NEX device. However the specifications of the camera remain unknown, with its full-frame being the only feature we know of, but according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors, they have been tipped off on the alleged specs of the upcoming device. Since this is not official information, it is suggested that you take it with a grain of salt for now.
According to their source, the design of the camera is said to be similar to the NEX-7 except that it will be about 15% bigger and 20% more heavier, which isn’t always a bad thing. It will sport 1,400 focus points, improved metering, and will shoot at 1/4000s. It will also come in 3, 5, 8, and 12 fps modes, a 3” display, WiFi connectivity, and a new chip. It is unclear as to whether Sony will be going with a 24, 32, or 36MP sensor but apparently the best results were achieved with the 32MP one. Like we said take it with a grain of salt for now, but if true, this full-frame NEX device is shaping up to be pretty awesome.
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6