Apple’s iPhones have typically sold well, and with every new release, it manages to break the record of its predecessor in the number of phones sold over the weekend. So with the upcoming iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, with two new models, will Apple sell even more units than before? One analyst seems to think that within a 10 day span, Apple could go on to sell a whopping 10 million iPhone units, meaning that the Cupertino company is expected to sell at least 1 million units on a daily basis! The 10 day period was given as the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C are expected to see an initial release on the 20th of September, and with the 30th of September being when Apple’s financial quarter ends.
According to the analyst, Andy Hargreaves of Pacific Crest, “We expect Apple to launch two new iPhones at its Sept. 10 event, an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 5C, which we believe is essentially an iPhone 5 with a different case. We expect these refreshes, along with the potential for incremental distribution of the iPhone, to drive improved unit volume, stabilized gross margin and accelerating operating profit in the coming quarters.” At the end of the day, Hargreaves expects Apple to sell 31 million iPhone units this quarter, which would be an impressive figure. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03: iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29: iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2014-01-27: Unlocked iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Sale From Virgin Mobile