At its Unpacked event earlier this month, Samsung announced that it will release the Android 4.3 update for Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 2 in October. The update will bring features that Google has added, it will also bring the required Bluetooth LE stack that is needed to connect these devices to Samsung’s new Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Customers in Canada might have to wait a bit longer than everyone else, according to a report by MobileSyrup, Samsung Canada has confirmed that Android 4.3 release across the border will take place in November.
This was reportedly confirmed by Vice President of Enterprise Business Division at Samsung Canada, Paul Brannan, during a presentation at the Canadian Wireless Trade Show. Apparently it is working with Google and local carriers to ensure a smooth rollout of Android 4.3, so its likely that it might happen in November. Samsung has taken a big decision by deciding that it will release Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 in one swoop. However, the update is absolutely essential in a sense that its required by customers with these devices if they want to use a Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Galaxy S4 users might already be in luck, it was discovered yesterday that basic Galaxy Gear functions already work with Galaxy S4.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: android 4.3, galaxy gear, Samsung,