Microsoft’s Bing department has just announced that they will be rolling out a completely re-imagined search experience for video on Bing. Specially designed from the ground up, the video search experience will boast of streamlined navigation that showcases larger and higher resolution previews in order for you to browse, discover and view videos on the web in a faster manner.
With Bing, they hope that you are able to discover great videos from YouTube, Hulu and Vimeo, in addition to other content from the likes of Dailymotion, Vevo, MTV, CBS, and MSN among others. There is a Pop-out Hover Preview which allows you to check out the video there and then instead of heading to the site itself. Improved filters will also take into account common video sizes such as 720 and 1080, where the source filters will end up being more specific to the segment that you are searching for. Alternatively, you can opt to sort by date so that you know you would end up with the most relevant results. Are you pleased with the latest amendments made to Bing’s video search, or do you think that other search engines do it better? Share your thoughts with us in the comments. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-08: Bing Flight Price Predictor Shuts Down
- 2014-03-19: Bing Shows Off Travel Time And Mileage For Driving Directions
- 2014-03-13: Bing Image Match Announced
- 2014-03-04: Bing Saves Public Beta Launched
- 2014-02-27: Windows 8.1 With Bing Could Be Attempt At Free Windows Offer