Earlier it was reported that BlackBerry could finally be getting a buyer that will hopefully turn things around for the Canadian company and hopefully relaunch the brand in the future with better prospects. However until the alleged deal is confirmed and goes through, BlackBerry appears to be struggling and a report from CantechLetter has revealed that the company has made some massive cuts to its sales force in the US, reportedly cutting the sales force by half. The report goes on to state that the cuts are expected to extend to the UK in the coming days as well.
BlackBerry has confirmed these cuts with a statement released to The Wall Street Journal, where a spokesperson was quoted as saying, “I can confirm a small number of employees were laid off today,” although exactly how “small” is small remains unknown. In any case it seems that BlackBerry is going downhill, but hopefully by taking the company private BlackBerry will have time and the necessary funds to sort things out. In the meantime the company still has its rumored BlackBerry Z30 that has yet to launch, along with BBM for iOS and Android, although we’re not sure if the upcoming new products will impact the company in a significant way. What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2014-04-13: BlackBerry Windermere Concept Case Renders Surface