Is a fool born every single minute? Perhaps, as here we are with word that there has been a bogus iPhone ad which has apparently convinced the more gullible folks out there that installing the latest iOS 7 on your iPhone would be able to turn that Apple smartphone into a waterproof device. Needless to say, this particular ad has managed to make its way to different social media sites, where it has been mocked up in a style that is not too different from the one which Apple normally falls back upon.
In the ad, it reads, “In an emergency, a smart-switch will shut off the phone’s power supply and corresponding components to prevent any damage to your iPhone’s delicate circuitry.” Apart from that, this particular ad also claims that the update to iOS 7 would enable allows the iPhone “to instantly detect sudden changes in thermodistribution.” I suppose this is always good for a laugh, but what happens when you have actual iPhone owners who do not know any better and decide to show off their new “waterproof” iPhones to family and friends? Hopefully no iPhones have already slept with the fishes from the time of the bogus ad’s appearance until now.
Next Story: Google Sheds More Light On Gmail Delivery Delay
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-11-06 Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-09-20 iOS 7 Causes 4-Year-Old Boy To Cry Uncontrollably
- 2013-05-24 iOS 7 Redesign May Feature Flat 'Black and White' Design
- 2013-05-10 iOS 7 Concept Simplifies Design While Making Full Use Of Widgets
- 2013-04-05 iOS 7 Concept Reimagines Lock Screen, Text Messaging And More