Over the past few weeks we’ve heard a lot of stories about faulty iPhone chargers causing serious damage. A flight attendant in China was electrocuted while charging her iPhone 4S, the incident caused her death. A man in China was also electrocuted which put him in a coma, an iPhone 4S and a charger were involved in this incident as well. It is believed that they might have been using counterfeit chargers. Apple posted a notice on its Chinese website, warning customers that counterfeit chargers were circulating in the market. The latest incident report comes out of Croatia, where a woman claims her iPhone 4S exploded on the bedside table.
According to Ljubica Maric, she had plugged in her iPhone 4S to charge overnight using the charger that came with the device. During the night she received a call, which she wasn’t able to pick up on the first ring. On the second ring something in the iPhone 4S exploded, causing the speaker to blow out and glass to crack. Even though the device was in a case, debris is said to have scattered around the floor and table. No burning is said to have occurred at the electrical outlet and the iPhone 4S is apparently in working condition. It is unclear what might have caused this incident, a counterfeit charger doesn’t seem to be the case. Apple hasn’t issued a statement as yet.