Namco announced just a few weeks ago they’ll be launching a beta for its upcoming title, Dark Souls 2, on the PlayStation 3 this October to probably prepare those who plan on purchasing the game in March 2014 to die an obscene number of times. It looks like Namco has just revealed when exactly North American, Australian and European Dark Souls fans will be able to partake in the beta, which will start on October 12.
The Dark Souls 2 beta will occur in rounds, with the first round beginning on October 12. The second round of the game’s beta will begin on October 27. If you’re interested in partaking in Dark Souls 2′s beta, you can head over to the PlayStation Network website to register yourself, which will present you with a token to download the beta. Just remember if you decide to play the beta, it probably won’t make you a better Dark Souls player as we don’t expect a good majority of you to make it through the first 5 minutes of the beta.
With that said, remember to have fun when playing either the beta or full version of Dark Souls 2. We know it can be extremely challenging, but that just makes the experience that much more rewarding when you actually progress through the game.
Next Story: LG G2 Hitting T-Mobile On September 18 For $99
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2013-12-16: Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17
- 2013-12-10: Borderlands 2 On PS3 Available Free For PS Plus Subscribers Today
- 2013-11-25: Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- 2013-11-15: Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- 2013-11-06: Sony Announces 80M PS3 Consoles Have Been Sold Globally