The other day thanks to leaked photos, Apple’s next-gen iPad mini was caught in a space grey finish, as opposed to black since Apple has more or less dropped the black finish with the iPhone 5s, so we expect they are applying it to their new iPads as well. Thanks to newly leaked photos, we now have the fifth-gen iPad caught on camera in a space grey finish as well. The leaked photos seem to corroborate earlier leaked photos and rumors in which they claim that the tablet would take design cues from the first-gen iPad mini, as opposed to previous iPads which featured more tapered edges, versus the iPad mini whose edges were more dramatic.
These photos are courtesy of Sonny Dickson who has in the past leaked photos of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, which were later proven to be pretty spot on when Apple officially announced either device. There’s no word on when Apple will take the wraps off their new iPads, but many are speculating that it could happen in October. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for an invite, and if it is really taking place in October, we guess we won’t have to wait too long before the invites are being sent out. In the meantime what do you guys think? Should Apple have kept a black finish? Or is space grey the new black?
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"