Soon after Apple released iOS 7 on September 18th, developers started updating their apps to bring the look and feel in line with the company’s new update. A number of major apps were immediately updated, including Facebook. A few days down the road, Instagram for iOS 7 has been released. The team behind it has rebuilt the look and feel of Instagram to focus on clarity, which is what iOS 7 is focused on with its “flat” user interface. The size of photos and videos in the feed has been increased. What this means is that content will now expand to fit the edges of the screen. Increased size also means increased resolution, so photos and videos will now be clearer and more vibrant.
Grid view has been streamlined so that content appears larger. Keeping up with iOS 7′s conventions, they’ve also made profile pictures circular. Regarding this update, which brings the version number up to 4.2, Instagram notes on its blog that the focus was kept on clarity so as to keep the feel of the app “clean, simple and grounded.” Despite the fact that the app has a new look, the app icon has not been changed. Instagram for iOS 7 is available as a free download from the iTunes App Store.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: instagram, iOS 7,