The iPhone 5s is Apple’s latest iPhone offering alongside the iPhone 5c. The iPhone 5c is essentially a cheaper version of the iPhone 5 with some upgraded hardware and a plastic body, while the iPhone 5s has proven to be a pretty significant hardware upgrade, at least based on benchmarks, and unsurprisingly it turns out that despite the iPhone 5c priced slightly cheaper, it has been found that the iPhone 5s is about three time as popular when compared to the iPhone 5c. This is according to data gathered by Localytics where they found that the iPhone 5s has outsold the iPhone 5c by a factor of 3.4.
This is based on web analytics from about 20 million unique iPhone connections to mobile and web apps between the launch of both devices (which was on the 20th of September) to around 8pm last night. It is unclear if this discrepancy will continue throughout either products’ lifecycle, but some are speculating that eventually the iPhone 5c will even out and catch up to the iPhone 5s. What do you guys think? The iPhone 5c isn’t that much cheaper compared to the more powerful and feature-rich iPhone 5s, but would you prefer the iPhone 5c if it means you can save a bit of money?
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13 iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09 iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03 iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29 iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2014-01-27 Unlocked iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Sale From Virgin Mobile