Last year when the iPhone 5 was released, many early adopters reported that the paint was peeling off from their new iPhones. Some even found that their new smartphone came bearing scratches straight out of the box. The issue wasn’t widespread, and the reports didn’t come in after the initial stock had all been sold out. Apparently a similar issue has surfaced with the iPhone 5s as well, with some users complaining of iPhone 5s paint peeling off.
A picture has surfaced online via Sina Weibo which shows off an iPhone 5s with scratches at the bottom and paint apparently peeling off. Last year, some early adopters claimed that the iPhone 5 would have a lot of scratches and scuffs on the sides as well as the back. It warrants mentioning here that the only report of such an issue with the latest iPhone has come out of China as yet. The issue doesn’t seem to be as common as it was last year, with the iPhone 5. However, if you’ve noticed this on your new iPhone 5s, or had to return a unit just because it was already scratched when you opened the box, do leave a comment below and tell us about it. [Image via GSMInsider]
- Analyst Thinks iPhone 5c Is A Flop Because Of iPhone Cases
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- Ember iPhone Case Will Help Improve Your Phone's Flash