Lenovo has just unveiled the Lenovo S5000 tablet that would make its mark as one of the slimmest tablets in the market. We are talking about a thickness of just 7.9 mm, and the entire Lenovo S5000 would tip the scales at a mere 246 grams, which in turn makes it nearly 20% lighter that the numerous premium tablets that are on the market today. Underneath the svelte frame lies a slew of processing firepower, thanks to a quad-core 1.2GHz MediaTek 8389 processor. You will find that the 7” 1280 x 800 resolution, 350 nit brightness and HD wide-viewing angle display makes it a snap for you to share not only photos but videos as well with others.
The Lenovo S5000 would also come equipped with a camera that provides tablet users an ideal high-definition photo experience, where it has a front-facing 1.6-megapixel camera that delivers a sharp high definition experience, while a rear-facing 5-megapixel shooter lets you snap photos and videos, in addition to being able to scan QR codes. Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is the operating system of choice, and it carries a 3,450mAh battery that has been rated for up to 8 hours on the trot, although real life performance might vary depending on how hard you push the Lenovo S5000. No idea on pricing, but the Lenovo S5000 tablet will be available sometime in the fourth quarter of 2013 onwards.
Next Story: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-03-31: Motorola By Lenovo Brand Might Be Under Consideration
- 2014-03-30: Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Batteries Over Fire Hazard
- 2014-03-21: Lenovo Spends $100 Million Acquiring New Patents And Licenses
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Vibe X Smartphone Announced (aka IdeaPhone S960)
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Flex 14-inch & 15-inch
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Flex 20 All-In-One PC
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s And T440 Ultrabooks Unveiled