Earlier today Microsoft announced two new tablets that was part of its Surface lineup. The Surface 2 and the Surface Pro 2. In case you missed the event and were wondering what either device was about, Microsoft has since released two new promo videos that basically run us through both tablets, giving us a brief idea of what we might be able to expect from it which you can check out in the video above and below, or read our hands-on review of the Surface Pro 2 to decide if this is the tablet for you.
As a quick recap for those who missed the news, the Surface 2 is an NVIDIA Tegra 4 powered tablet and boasts a battery life that will allow for up to 10 hours of video playback. It will feature a 10.6” ClearType Full HD display, and will support full-sized USB 3.0 ports that will allow for faster read/write of external devices. The tablet will also feature a 5MP rear-facing camera, a 3.5MP front-facing camera, and will be both thinner and light than its predecessor.
As for the Surface Pro 2, this is the successor to last year’s Surface Pro who faced a lot of criticisms regarding its battery life. The Surface Pro 2 will be powered by Intel’s fourth-gen Core i5 processor and boasts a 60% increased battery life over the original Surface Pro. It will come with 64GB or 128GB storage options with 4GB of RAM, or 256GB or 512GB options with 8GB of RAM.
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-01-20: Surface 2 Tablets Back In Stock On Microsoft Store Website
- 2013-11-12: Microsoft Surface 2 Receives Updates To Improve Battery Life And More
- 2013-10-22: Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 Now Available In U.S., 20 Additional Countries
- 2013-10-20: Surface 2 Went On Sale Early In The UK
- 2013-10-09: Microsoft Will Hold Midnight Launch Event For New Surface Tablets In 10 Stores