Nintendo hasn’t done a lot of bundling of its Wii U in the U.S. as we’ve only seen a ZombiU bundle and the new The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD bundle, which was released just this past weekend. Japan on the other hand has seen quite a few Wii U bundles, with two more added to the list.
Nintendo will offer two bundles for Japanese Wii U potential owners some free games, an additional Wii controller and a one-month subscription to Nintendo x Joysound Wii Karaoke U. Both bundles being offered will be available in either white or black, but they’ll both have 32GB of internal storage making them both Deluxe models. The lower-end bundle will cost 32,800 yen, or about $332, and will come with digital copies of New Super Mario Bros U and Wii Party U. The second bundle costs only 2,000 yen more, or about $20, and comes with a copy of Wii Fit U and a Fit Meter.
As you’d expect, there’s no word if similar bundles will be made available in the U.S., where a Wii U Dexluxe system currently sells for $300. If Nintendo decides to introduce similar bundles in the U.S. market, they’d better do it soon if they want to have a chance at taking on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this holiday season.
Next Story: Tron Legacy-Themed Nintendo 64
- 2014-04-17 Pokemon Fans In Japan Will Get Two Characters For Watching The Movie
- 2014-03-30 NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28 Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17 Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17 Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle
- 2013-11-14 Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07 Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30 Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-10-25 Nintendo Wii U Basic Set Gets Bundled With Skylanders Swap Force On Nov. 15
- 2013-10-23 Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Set Including New Super Mario Bros. U, Luigi U Starting Nov. 1