Yes, we have seen a few devices arrive at the FCC recently, including the alleged Nexus 5, not to mention the alleged low cost Moto X smartphone. Having said that, the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy Gear (which we managed to get a fair amount of hands-on time with it) has also paid a visit to the FCC, where it depicts the Samsung SM-V700 (that would be the Galaxy Gear’s model number) getting all the necessary paperwork approved by the FCC, which would mean it is about to hit retail shelves very, very soon. Heck, with the announced deadline of an end of September rollout for the Galaxy Gear, it had best get its act together, otherwise it might end up as egg on Samsung’s face.
The FCC documents did not reveal any more additional details concerning the Samsung Galaxy Gear that we already know. Still, it was revealed that Bluetooth connectivity will be part of this puppy, but other than that, it does not seem as though there would be other wireless connectivity options, although we would not rule out any last minute surprises. Will you be picking up the Samsung Galaxy Gear when it finally arrives at a store near you?
Next Story: “Superman” Robot Lifts 80 Times Its Own Weight
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-01: Samsung SM-T800 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-27: Samsung SM-T805 Spotted In FCC Filing